Foreward

Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Back to Bahrain


Shortly after this I returned to work again in Bahrain in 1996 and remained there through 2001 setting up the Distributorship for Documentum, which was software in the Enterprise Document Management System.
I purchased a used Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Tiptronic, which was burgundy metallic with both burgundy leather and carpets interior.
            It was funny going to Bebehani Brothers, the Porsche Importer in Bahrain, as a customer all these years later. However, I got to know the German service manager and workshop foreman very well and they were trying their best to improve things. I guess my first impressions were that their facilities were extremely poor for the late 1990’s and I was surprised Porsche AG put up with these as they were hardly sufficient in this day and age.
The German service manager asked me out for dinner one evening and during the meal he asked me if I would be interested in getting involved in Porsche again? I was intrigued and we discussed the situation at Bebehani. He told me Porsche AG were pushing to get a brand new facility established, as the current one was totally unacceptable, and that Bebehani had been promising to build a new facility in Sitra for the past three years but nothing was happening. I asked him what his role would be and he said he was on secondment from Porsche AG and that he could help facilitate matters. I told him I would look into things and I would get back to him.
However, things were changing again for me and I decided to move back to Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment