We later found out much later they had completed their marathon round the world trip and had landed on January 16, 1986 Donaueschingen, Germany.
· First landing since 1945 at Itatek Airstrip, Kulusuk/Greenland.
· First private single engine airplane landing since Fidel Castro in Habana/Cuba.
· Schultz, flying alone, crossing the Atlantic Ocean from Natal/Brazil to Dakar/Senegal and the Pacific Ocean from Tokyo via Marshall Islands and Hawaii to Los Angeles because of weight reasons/extra gasoline tanks.
· Schultz/Kampik flying together, crossing the Atlantic Ocean from Florida via Bermuda Islands, Azores Islands to Lisbon.
· Longest distance flight over sea from Majuro Islands to Honolulu: 16:22 hours.
· Crossing the Artic Circle at 35 Miles North of Bettles/Alaska.
· Crossing 6 times the Equator.
· Crossing 6 times the Tropic of Capricorn.
· Crossing 3 times the Tropic of Cancer.
· Crossing 3 times the Zero Meridian
· Crossing the Date Meridian on 24th of December 1985, from Majuro Islands to Hawaii celebrating Christmas Eve twice!
Michael and Hans completed their Round-the World flight successfully and covered some 100,000kms through 62 countries including 200 landings with 600 flying hours.
Sadly, Michael Schultz died on August 23, 1996, however Hans Kampik now lives in Belo Horizonte, Brazil as Honary German Consul, since 1987 and I am still in touch with him.
He sent me a DVD of their trip, which I treasure.